Problems mounting home directory

Paul Warren pdw at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 01:33:36 GMT 1999

Somebody posted about this some time ago, but there was no response.
Perhaps I can add a few more details...

The problem is that I cannot mount the home directory using:

	net use i: /home

or

	net use i: \\server\homes /home

but

	net use i: \\server\homes

works OK.

This is NT workstation vs Samba 2.0.5a.  I suspect that the problem is
related to the fact that the home directory is already mounted on Z:, but
I don't understand why.  I seem to remember reading that the netlogon
share might get mounted on Z: automatically, but not the home directory.
This isn't the end of the world, but it will be confusing for users, and I
would quite like to know why it is doing it.

Any guesses?

cheers,

Paul