smbpasswd

Geoffrey Lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 09:36:31 GMT 1999

Hello,

(1) create an entry in the /etc/passwd file (please include the dollar sign
($) when you add the name...) let's call your machine foo. Then the entry
for it would be foo$:etcetcetc...
(2) create an entry in the /etc/smbpasswd file . you can do it by
smbpasswd -a -m foo

notice there is no dollar sign.

(3) on the NT box, change the settings, so that you join the domain.
Remember not to try out the create account option, because that does not
work yet as far as I can tell.

(4) Have fun. :)

Btw, just replace the path of the passwd and smbpasswd file if they aer not
in /etc.