[latest cvs] rpcclient "sam*" commands have GNU readline completion

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Nov 4 19:18:56 GMT 1999

Al Margolis wrote:

> It is my understanding that this will not work at all with <= NT4 because
> MS does not have Power Management support (some OEMs have done it
> themselves, I believe, but it is not in the MS NT install.
>
> W2K has some Plug/Play and Power Management support and may be able to do
> this.

Most powersupplys and motherboard that I've used that are "ATX spec"
don't work properly, even if they're capable.  There is a registry key
in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/WindowsNT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon called
"PowerdownAfterShutdown" which is a string.  This is defaulted to 0,
since the HAL.DLL that ships with NT is, uhm, garbage, and doesn't
support this for most hardware.  If you set this to 1, it will often
reboot when you tell the machine to shutdown.  If the PS and
motherboard are capable, and it still reboots, you may be able to work
around the problem by replacing HAL.DLL with Hal.dll.softex from SP5.
I haven't actually tried this, because I don't have time to to do
another install of NT on vmware to test it.  :(
	Greg