Unable to connect to the domain controller

Florian Laws florian at void.s.bawue.de
Tue May 18 21:03:17 GMT 1999

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 08:23:22AM +1000, Matthias Wächter wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 1999, Andrew Perrin - Demography wrote:
>
> > for the server it should be security=user; security=domain is for being a
> > domain member. Check the ntdomain documentation and faq for info on how
> > to set up the PDC.
>
> In my opinion, the "security=" parameter should have values with
> (more) self-explaining names. If I intend to get a Domain Controller, at
> first I think that "security=domain" is best (well, it sounds most like
> that).
>
> The parameter should be split into:
>
> security=Share/User
> User authentication=Local/OtherServer/OtherDomainController

Perhaps "security=domain" could be simply renamed to "security=domainmember".
It is a bit longish, but it helps to avoid one of the most common
misunderstandings in Samba PDC configuration.
If someone could point me to the right part of source (at least vaguely)
I'd submit a patch, I'm just feling a litte afraid of the lots of code. :-)

Florian