MACS

Allen Reese allen at driversoft.com
Fri May 7 18:14:09 GMT 1999

samba doesn't support Atalk.  We run  netatalk, and samba on the same
machine.  It is a bear to setup.  Yep, NT services for ATalk allows you
to share stufff from an nt box via atalk.  Getting dave turned out to be
our best bet, it actually helped reduce our intransit print time.  Here is
the way things used to go:

NT box->samba->lpr->netatalk->TheMac->AtalkBridge->Laserwriter.
now it goes:
Nt Box->Dave_on_TheMac->AtalkBridge->Laserwriter.

it seems that you want a bunch of macs to access smb shared resources,
with netatalk or nt services for atalk, you can do this by rexeporting all
the shares the mac wants to see on appletalk, which is a pain. :)

Buy dave, if you can manage to. :)

Allen Reese
Senior Software Engineer
Driversoft, Inc.