Stock Redhat 6.0 and Samba is not a good mix !!

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Mon Jun 14 13:32:16 GMT 1999

the only real difference between RH5.2 and 6.0 that could affect Samba
is the version of glibc used. RH6.0 uses glibc2.1 whereas RH5.2 uses
glibc2.0.

We only started testing with glibc2.1 and Samba quite recently and
Jeremy has added a number of autoconf tests to the SAMBA_2_0 branch
over the last couple of weeks that fix glibc2.1 problems (by detecting
and avoiding glibc2.1 bugs). I'm now running RH6.0 with glibc2.1 on my
development machine at home so I expect to find any remaining bugs
quite quickly. It certainly works fine with a netbench test here.