Kixtart and Samba

Andy Smith abs at maunsell.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 16:56:47 GMT 1999

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 12:38:44PM -0400, Rod Rickenbach wrote:

> I was reading the Samba archives and saw your message from a year ago
> concernign Kixtart crashing... I'm currently having the same exact problem
> with the last few releases of Samba on both Solaris and Linux.  Oddly,
> Kixtart works fine on an older version of samba - one of the CVS releasess
> with PDC support.  Any insights you could offer would be greatly
> appreciated!

If you dont need any user details, you could try using kixstart with
the (undocumented) option to disable rpc lookups :-

kixstart /n

I never managed to get kixtart to work, so I went down a different route
with the login scripts.

--
  _          __         Maunsell Ltd, IT Unit    Tel  : 0181-663-6565
 /_|   _/   (  _  '_//  160 Croydon Road,        Fax  : 0181-663-6723
(  |/)(/(/ __)//)/ //)  Beckenham, Kent BR3 4DE  Email: abs at maunsell.co.uk
        /               England.                 -or- abs at maunsl00.demon.co.uk