PDC upgrade from beta4 to 2.0 failure

Todd Pfaff todd at edge.cis.McMaster.CA
Fri Jan 22 18:38:19 GMT 1999

I think you guys are being a little too hard on yourselves.  I think the
warnings about PDC support in 2.0 were sufficiently clear and anyone
running a samba-2.0.0 PDC is taking risks.

In my own case, I am running a samba-2.0.0 PDC in production for a couple
of small domains.  It's working sufficiently well, and is at least as good
as the NISgina solution I was using previously.

This patch was a little inconvenient because I found I had to have each NT
workstation re-join the domain after fixing the MACHINE.SID, but since I
only have a few domain members it was not a big deal.

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \