12+ Character Shares

Thomas Reifferscheid reiffert at student.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sat Jan 16 20:28:17 GMT 1999

Hi
i'm not quite sure if this has something todo with your problem:

i have 3 printershares and i figured out the drivers for win9X.
(Will this function for NT machines in future ?).

[lj4000]
printer driver location = \\karfinux\printer$\lj4000 <- this works fine.

[lj4000]
printer driver location = \\karfinux\printer$\lj4000pcl6 <- this does
not work.

win can't find the files to copy in \\karfinux\printer$\lj4000pcl6 it
says.
when i renamed lj4000pcl6 to lj4000 everything worked fine.

is there another 8 letter-problem or even 10 letters ?

Thomas