need help on roaming profiles

Bobby Corpuz Jr. bobby at math01.cs.upd.edu.ph
Thu Dec 16 15:55:45 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have read from the samba_ntdom faq that it is bad to set "logon path =
\\%N\%U\profile". The faq suggested that I use "logon
path = \\%N\profiles\%U". When I did, I get an error saying something like
"Can't create \\hilbert\profiles\bobby.pds. You will be logged using your
local profile." When I click on the folder Profiles in the network
neighborhood, NT says something like "Network path not found!". I can't
seem to figure this out. If anyone has success on this setup, I would like
to ask for help. Here is my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
   [global]
   workgroup = MATH01
   encrypt passwords = Yes
   logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
   domain logons = Yes
   os level = 65
   preferred master = Yes
   domain master = Yes
   wins support = Yes
   guest account = pcguest

   [homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   read only = No
   guest ok = Yes

   [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   write list = bobby
   force create mode = 0644
   force directory mode = 0755
   locking = No

   [Profiles]

   path = /home/profiles/%u
   guest ok = Yes

   [printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   guest ok = Yes
   print ok = Yes
   browseable = No

   [tmp]
   comment = Temporary File Space
   path = /tmp
   read only = No
   guest ok = Yes

   [cdrom]
   comment = CD ROM
   path = /mnt/cdrom
   guest ok = Yes

Bobby O. Corpus, Jr.
Department of Mathematics
University of the Philippines
-----
"The sixties were good to you, weren't they?"
-- George Carlin