Having problems compiling Samba source

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Tue Aug 24 14:54:22 GMT 1999

"Nixon, Shon" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I am afraid I am at a disadvantage here. I am new to
> LDAP and do not exactly know where the "header" files are. Is this the same
> as the include files? I have attached the last part of the log file for some
> one to hopefully look at. I do find a lot of failed program issues and
> undefined references. I really do not know how to fix these issues. Any help
> is appreciated. I do have the howto.

You need the includes (*.h) files and libraries from a __compiled__
openldap; for example:
/usr/local/etc/openldap/include/*
/usr/local/etc/openldap/lib/*

or some place indicates via:
<openldap_source>/configure --prefix=/usr/local/etc/openldap

yo need copy these files in /usr/include /usr/lib, where the
<samba_source>/configure script search for...

Ignacio
Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/