DEBUGGING INFO: Samba 2.1.0-prealpha, Redirector error, and AIX 4.2

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Aug 13 18:28:33 GMT 1999

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Scott Parish wrote:

> I know this is a little long, but bare with me please.  If you're impatient the
> really important piece is at the bottom.
>
> What I've got going after fixing some compliation errors and warnings that
> mainly deal with type casting, is a semi-working Samba PDC.

hi scott,

at line 3236 you see pnum = setup[1].

pnum is an int.
setup[] is uint16*.

therefore, bit 32 should NOT be set!

i would guess that you have either made some modification or there is a
bug in your compiler that has not picked this up.

i am therefore changing pnum and subcommand to also be uint16s, please let
me know if this causes any problems as get_rpc_pipe() still takes an int
as its argument.

>   Opened pipe wkssvc with handle 80000000 (pipes_open=1)
                                   ^^^^^^^^
and what the heck is going on here???

what is the value of pipe_handle_offset in rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c?