Adding NT BDC

John Grant (Concordant Networks) jgrant at iescrow.com
Tue Aug 3 20:11:38 GMT 1999

I've read all (?) the back emails, the FAQs, quite a bit of the source too
now and I'm still stuck !

I need to a) set up an NT BDC to my Samba PDC (latest CVS version), or b)
get another NT PDC to trust
my Samba PDC. Option (a) being preferred.

The closest I have come is creating a machine account for bdc$ in samba,
then building the bdc,
but alas it crashes in isass.exe when trying to replicate. (I also see many
code=7 in smb.log)
The resulting machine can't be logged in to at all (the domain disappears
from the selection list,
then I get the two box log in screen, but there seems to be no good answer
to the password
question, so I get to reinstall).

If someone has a (even brief) step by step example of how to bring up NT as
BDC, or how to get an
NT PDC to trust Samba, I would be, err, very grateful indeed !