mail using Netscape Mail over samba ?

Gerhard Klein G.Klein at edelmann.de
Thu Apr 1 09:29:00 GMT 1999

Hello Zsolt,

we are using Netscape 4.x with NT4.0. Every user who logs in gets his own
network drive e:\. f. e. samba [home]. All his mail, adressbook, options
etc. are in e:\netscape. We are using only one netscape profile. This
netscape profile is configured to use e:\netscape for user data. We name
this profile default, but the name isn't importent.

The trick is, that the netscape profile- and path-name is a part of
regestry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The profile- and user-data are in e:\netscape
which depends on user login.

This should also run with Windows 95/98 - try it.

Gerhard

--
http://www.edelmann.de
mailto:G.Klein at edelmann.de