Problem with ksh UWIN 1.6 and samba

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Sep 22 19:25:59 GMT 1998

Pierre-Jules Tremblay wrote:

> Okay, sorry about the idiotic question about NETMON.  I found all I
> needed in the NTDOM FAQ.  However, one question remains: can netmon be
> installed without having to use an NT server somewhere in the process?

Sure.  All that is neccessary is to xcopy the
	%systemroot%\system32\netmon\*.*

directory structure to the new machine after you've
installed the netmon agent off of the asoiated OS
install CD.  This is what I say in the FAQ so maybe I don;t understand
what you are asking.

> I just uploaded NETMON traces of the ksh-UWIN problem to
> ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/upload/ksh-uwin-[fails|works].cap.  These
> captures correspond to the ksh 'trace' outputs I got for doing an "ls
> /f" (where F: is a samba share).

j-

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )