Eventlog messages

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue May 5 13:46:48 GMT 1998

Greetings,

I have two eventlog entries I would like to run by everyone and see if I
am an isolated case.

Here's the setup.

- 5 NT 4.0 Workstastions on subnet xxx.xxx.AAA.xxx
- 1 Samba PDC running Solaris 2.5.1 on subnet xxx.xxx.BBB.xxx
- The Samba PDC is the primary WINS server for the NT boxes.
	There is no secondary WINS server.

The first eventlog entry seems to come in bursts

EventID : 5719

	No Windows NT Domain Controller is available for
	domain LENORE. (This event is expected and can be
	ignored when booting with the 'No Net' Hardware Profile.)
	The following error occurred:  There are currently no
	logon servers available to service the logon request.

The second one looks like this.  It as well comes in bursts which
would make sense I guess in the case of a large file transfer.

EventID : 3006

	The redirector received an SMB that was too short.

Is anyone else logging such events?  Is there a timeout value that I
could set to reduce the occurrences of Event 5719?  Is there a
configuration error that cause Event 3006?

Thanks for the information.
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )