domain users map?

Matthew Kirkwood weejock at ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 23 10:56:47 GMT 1998

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, David Bannon wrote:

> >I have a domain set up and working quite nicely now, but I need to
> >give a couple of users admin rights (mostly so that they can write
> >files on their local disks, share printers, etc).
>
> As I said in another post, this is on its way to the FAQ, I'm sure Jerry
> will do it as soon as he can.

OK, then.  Two more:

1. Profiles
I'm having problems with roaming profiles.  Using the suggested

	\\%N\profiles\%U

when the user logs off, it announces that it couldn't save the
roaming profile and to tell my administrator if I can be bothered.
(It says that to administrator, too.  How dumb can you get? :)
It also says "(Code 65)".

No log entries (not running with -d anything).

2. User lists
Anything which tries to get a user listing crashes horribly.
When this is explorer it tends to take the rest of the machine
with it.

Obviously, it shouldn't crash, but it seems to be being provoked
a little more than the old NT box was doing...

No log entries, except this, which I doubt is relevant:
[1998/12/23 10:53:45, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(208)
  p20 (10.0.0.20) couldn't find service clients

Does anyone know why it would be trying to connect to a "clients"
share?

3. smbclient -L
smbclient -L //server no longer works:
[root at p75 samba]# smbclient -L //P75
Added interface ip=10.0.0.2 bcast=10.0.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Connection to //P75 failed

strace shows it broadcasting, but not receiving anything...

Any more help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matthew.