[linux-cifs-client] undo changes in cifs_rename_pending_delete if it errors out

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:48:37 GMT 2008

The patch "undo changes in cifs_rename_pending_delete if it errors out"
http://git.samba.org/?p=jlayton/cifs.git;a=commitdiff;h=efb30e1f42da17280052f42ff4b5be0514742f24

gives up if you fail the newly added QueryPathInfo of the original
file.   Won't this unnecessarily fail if e.g. we don't have
read-attributes but do have write attributes and delete permission?
We don't have to know the files current attributes (they have been
read within the last second already so we should know a recent
version) - so if it fails it is harmless.   Even if we do want to do
this - would it be safer to do it on the newly opened handle which you
are about to open?

Steve