[linux-cifs-client] Multiple mounts from a client to same share as different users

Suresh Jayaraman sjayaraman at suse.de
Wed Dec 3 12:55:15 GMT 2008

When trying to mount Win2k3 server as two different users, I see the
following behavior

#mount -t cifs //server/d /t/1 -o
user=user1,dir_mode=0700,domain=MYDOMAIN,rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
Password:
#mount -t cifs //server/d /t/2 -o
user=user2,dir_mode=0700,domain=MYDOMAIN,rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
Password:
# ls /t/1 | wc -l
/bin/ls: /t/1: Permission denied
0
# ls /t/2 | wc -l
82

I see from the traces, QUERY_PATH_INFO call returns Bad userid error for
one of the requests.

It's not clear to me whether this is this the expected behaviour? I
tried setting MultiuserMount to 1 and also using 'noperm' option but the
results are the same.

Suresh Jayaraman