[linux-cifs-client] CIFS / Linux 2.4 and arm

Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub yehudas at expand.com
Fri Apr 13 07:05:06 GMT 2007

Jean-Luc - OEL wrote:

> I have also tried to apply the following patch
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2006-July/001427.html
> but I do not seem to find the correct source tree.
>
> What would be the best way to proceed to have CIFS for kernel 2.4
> compiled for arm-elf.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jean-Luc

These errors are not arm specific. In order to get it compiling and running
on 2.4, you should use the patch I've sent here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2007-February/001719.html

Also, you should apply it on the linux-converged-for-old-kernels svn tree
from that date. Current tree still doesn't compile, I'll look at it next
week.

Yehuda