[linux-cifs-client] cifs mounts never synch with changes

Steve Salazar eagsalazar at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:42:35 GMT 2005

I did post about this before but here are some more details:

I mount using a command like this:

sudo mount -t cifs //bender/designs /impinj/designs -o
directio,username=foo,password=bar,workgroup=FOO.COM

This works fine at fist.  I get no warnings or errors.

I then ssh to the hosting server and edit a file.
Then I look at the file mounted locally via cifs and the changes are not
there.

** Sometimes these changes never synch at all no matter how long I wait.
(i'm still not synched after typing this email which has been about 30
minutes from when I first checked).

My machine is Fedora Core 3 with kernel 2.6.10

All I know about the server is that it is Fedora Core 2.  I also know that
with smbmount, although I have many other problems, I do not have this
synchronization problem at all.

I tried with directio/direct and neither and it doesn't seem to help this
problem at all.

Thanks again.