[jcifs] differenciating Reads caused by file search from actual reads

Vaibhav Chopda vchopda at packetmotion.com
Sat May 5 01:35:49 GMT 2007

Hi
I am new to this group so am not aware if this question has already been
answered.
This is a question related to File search thru CIFS. Specifically file
search based on the content of the file - e.g. search file containing
string "foo"
I need to distinguish the SMB_COM_READ_ANDX instructions generated
genuinely as against the ones generated by the above mentioned search.
Is there any good way to do this?

More info -
I have realized that for filename based searches, CIFS client does not
open and read the files in the search space.
However for searches based on file content I see a lot of Create_andx
and Read_andx requests and reposnses similar to those for file reads. My
application has to differentiate between the actual reads and reads
caused by search

Thanks for the help in advance
-vaibhav