FW: [jcifs] SmbFile.listFiles() AS400

Darshan Shaligram DShaligram at aventail.com
Fri Aug 4 06:38:27 GMT 2006

Oops, sent directly to Michael instead of to the list, sorry.

Michael B Allen wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:35:37 +0000 (UTC) Max <max40 at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I have in a directory 5 files. If I get the list, I have a
> > listsize of 25. Each file occurs 5 times.

> > Program is called on the PC! The server is a AS400/iSeries!

> > Why?
[...]
> Never heard this one before. The only way to figure out what's
> happening with any efficiency is to get a capture of Windows listing
> the directory and a capture of jCIFS listing the directory. Then we
> can compare.

I've run into this one. AS/400 servers return broken responses to the
FIND_FIRST/FIND_NEXT2 RPCs. I had to twiddle with SmbFile.java as in the
attached patch to bypass the AS/400 weirdness. This is a monumental
hack, but it may be worth a try.

Darshan