[jcifs] 1.1.8 slower than 1.1.3?

Chris Moesel cmoesel at mitre.org
Thu Feb 24 20:42:36 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I've been using the 1.1.3 version of JCIFS for a little while.  I
recently upgraded to the 1.1.8 version and found it to be slower...  I
have, for instance, a method that will recursively grab all of the files
from a directory and its subdirectories.  Using unit tests against a
large directory tree (containing 5,400 files in 592 folders), JCIFS
1.1.3 took an average of 33 seconds.  Running the same exact tests using
JCIFS 1.1.8, JCIFS took an average of 42 seconds to do the same thing.

Has anyone else noticed this speed degradation?

-Chris