[distcc] Re: benchmark gimp-1.2.3

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jan 5 00:28:36 GMT 2006

On 1/4/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> I think this is actually a bug in the gimp makefiles rather than
> anything else; the benchmark was as much about discovering which or how
> many projects would work well with distcc as it is about benchmarking
> distcc itself.

Aha.  OK, good to know.

> Perhaps changing to a later version would work better.

I think she tried using the latest, but it was hard to build
for other reasons.  I'd say just comment gimp out
of the benchmark script.

(A good candidate replacement might be garnome,
which explicitly includes all dependencies.
It might be *too* big, though... it takes six hours to build
without distcc.)
- Dan