[distcc] Distcc binary on OS X different to OpenDarwin source

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 03:32:24 GMT 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:04:11 +0100, Robin Stevens
<list at gaialink.dyndns.org> wrote:

> The Apple-supplied binary on my OS X Panther (confirmed on 10.3.4,
> 10.3.5) *does* handle it.
>
> Looking through the binary, the error string is still there - but the
> check appears to not be taking place. (My disassembly skills are not
> really up to the task of doing a proper analysis!).
>
> So, is this a GPL violation? Am I just using the wrong source? Is there
> a magic build option I don't know about?

Right, Apple have some patches that are not in my tree.  Apparently
Apple do ship the source with XCode and/or offer it on their web site,
so it is not a GPL violation.  If anyone would like to pull the
portable bits out of the Apple tree and merge them back that would be
fine with me.