[distcc] Job count issue

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Jul 25 18:09:33 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 05:12:52PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> 3* Any idea what the problem could be? How would I investigate?

My guess would be that interrupting the compile caused distcc to mark
one or more hosts as unresponsive, which causes distcc to temporarily
ignore the host.  Do you see any log messages about a host being in a
"backoff period"?  I think a file will end with the string "backoff" in
the "lock" subdir of the .distcc tmpdir when this happens (though the
comment at the start of timefile.c says that it uses the state dir, it
appears to me that the code disagrees with this).

..wayne..