[distcc] distcc 2.11.1 released

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 8 11:44:40 GMT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Martin Pool wrote:

> distcc 2.11.1 is out.  Thanks to everyone who sent feedback or
> corrections.

Hey Martin,

I recently discovered that xinetd.conf (or xinetd.d) allows to add
services which are not listed in /etc/services by adding:

	type            = UNLISTED

This means that I don't have to add the distcc port to /etc/services.
If Red Hat releases an update of their setup package the /etc/services is
replaced by their default one and distcc wouldn't work anymore from
xinetd.

So this is certainly something I'm going to add, but I wonder whether you
rather have the package still adding the distcc port to /etc/services
(eg. so that it shows up nicely in netstat -at) or leave that up to the
distribution ?

PS You might want to add the example distcc.xinetd to README.packaging for
others.

Kind regards,