[distcc] distcc and cross-compiling

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Sep 11 03:31:13 GMT 2003

On  1 Sep 2003 "Antonio Catani" <Antonio.Catani at seceti.it> wrote:

> Hi list, i would like to know how to use distcc with a cross-compiler,
> I have successful build a toolchain for sparc on my x86-gentoo
> cross-gcc is named sparc-linux-gcc there is a way to say  distccd to
> use sparc-linux-gcc instead native gcc?

No, distccd does not modify the compiler name.  You need to change the
name of the compiler which is invoked by the client to be
sparc-linux-gcc.  You can use distcc's masquerade mode by making a
directory with links like

  ../bin/distcc -> sparc-linux-gcc

on the client.

> Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is
> prohibited and could constitute an offence. If you are not the
> intended addressee please advise immediately the sender and destroy
> the message and its attachments. The contents of this message shall be
> understood as neither given nor endorsed by SECETI S.p.A. SECETI
> S.p.A. does not accept liability for corruption, interception or
> amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.

Why are you posting to a mailing list if your message is so precious?