[distcc] Distcc patches for Stratus VOS

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Mon May 19 15:01:47 GMT 2003

Martin Pool [mailto:mbp at samba.org] wrote:
> On 17 May 2003, "Green, Paul" <Paul.Green at stratus.com> wrote:
> > The attached patch, which I have tested against Stratus VOS 14.6,
> > doesn't quite get us all the way to success, but it comes pretty
> > close. We are missing the hstrerror function, which I'm about to
> > code up. (The build farm also gets confused by the types.h that
> > is in distcc vs. the types.h that is shipped with our C compiler,
> > but that is an artifact of the VOS build environment, and I'm
> > trying to fix it locally).

> Thanks.

> Do you think you'll actually be able to use it there?  I'd assume
> that Stratus machines don't grow on trees, and so being able to
> do faster compilation would help.

Yes. I especially want to be able to use it to speed up my system's
participation in the Samba build farm.  Also, I think that distcc and ccache
are pretty nifty tools, and I'd like to make them available to our customers
to run on their own VOS machines.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.