[distcc] How to force certain things locallly

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Tue Oct 1 06:04:04 GMT 2002

On Sep 30, 2002, Ajay Agrawalla <aagrawalla at hyperchip.com> wrote:

> My makefile has some local commands like copying a config file to the build
> locations etc.

These are never executed using distcc.  You only get distcc if you
have distcc somewhere in the command line.  It won't mess up with
arbitrary commands.  I'd guess that you're actually missing some
dependency that causes some compilation that depends on the file being
copied to run while the file is still being copied.

> Another question..  How do force the distcc to wait to compile a new
> directory ONLY after another directory is finished.

You adjust your Makefiles such that it doesn't ask distcc to do it.
distcc has no notion of Makefiles or directories, it just tries to
distribute whatever it is asked to, when it is asked to.