[distcc] Re: distcc 0.9, [patch]

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Thu Sep 12 04:54:00 GMT 2002

On Sep 12, 2002, Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org> wrote:

> As far as I can see, gas accepts .include lines in both .S and .s
> files.  The case of the extension seems to just control whether gcc
> feeds the file to cpp, which will have no effect on '.include' lines.

Right.

> Therefore presumably distcc should do neither .s nor .S remotely?

> It would probably be strange to have somebody write a .S file which
> had both #include and .include lines in it, but I suppose it might
> happen.

It might, indeed.  But then, someone might also have a C file
containing a line such as `asm (".include file")'.  /me wonders what
kind of pain should be inflicted upon someone who does this :-)

Nah.  The pain of not being able to use distcc would probably be
more than enough as a penance :-)