[distcc] Problems with distcc hanging on large compiles

Chris Halls chris.halls at gmx.de
Mon Aug 19 04:14:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 06:44:10AM -0600, Hien D. Ngo wrote:
> I'm running 0.8.  The symtom you listed below doesn't appear to match my case,
> though.  The compile isn't failing to distribute, it's just not cleanly closing the
> connection after it's finished compiling remotely.

Sorry, I should have gone into a little more detail.  The fix makes
distcc not hang if the remote job crashes.  'can't be distributed' did not
mean 'if the job never gets distributed to the remote machine'.

I was getting these hangs when using ccache and distcc together, which
triggered a bug in the remote distccd, causing it to crash and the local
distcc to hang.

Chris