[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] Re: MS-SWM Q9b - CLIENT_MOVE_NOTIFICATION is ignored if the address list includes the ip that was given to Register[Ex]() - TrackingID#2401060040000027

Jeff McCashland (He/him) jeffm at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 26 18:25:37 UTC 2024

Hi Stefan,

I have the same question for this issue as for SR 2401050040013471.

Considering that:
The Windows Client has a 'lazy' efficiency. It tracks the servers it connects to, and updates their Available or Unavailable status internally when it gets the notifications. It doesn't act on the changes unless and until it needs to, such as to find a new Witness node or data connection. By the same token, the Server is also efficiently lazy and doesn't send any notifications that are moot, or the client doesn't need the information.

Do you have a question on the SWN documentation? What is the problem you're trying to solve?

Best regards,
Jeff McCashland (He/him) | Senior Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
Phone: +1 (425) 703-8300 x38300 | Hours: 9am-5pm | Time zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Local country phone number found here: http://support.microsoft.com/globalenglish | Extension 1138300