[cifs-protocol] Conditional ACEs in AD - where are they valid?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 11 05:26:12 UTC 2023

Kia Ora DocHelp,

(again) Per my phone call with Obaid and Tom last week.

We were discussing conditional ACEs in security descriptors, and I was
curious as to where they were allowed, as I see some awesome
possibilities for this technology.

I asked if they are valid in any SD, and the answer is NO, they are not
allowed on SDs on an object.

Therefore, they must be possible in some places and not others, clearly
yes for the SD attributes that control flexible authentication, dynamic
authentication and silos.

So that we can enforce (or not!) the same restrictions, what at the
LDAP level determines if an attribute may contain a conditional ACE in
a security descriptor?

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions