[cifs-protocol] [MS-LSAD] Need help with LsarCreateTrustedDomainEx3

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Dec 5 13:33:37 UTC 2023

Hi Dochelp Team!

I'm currently trying to write an smbtorture test for
LsarCreateTrustedDomainEx3. My test doesn't work against Windows Server 2022.

     lsa_CreateTrustedDomainEx3: struct lsa_CreateTrustedDomainEx3
        out: struct lsa_CreateTrustedDomainEx3
            trustdom_handle          : *
                trustdom_handle: struct policy_handle
                    handle_type              : 0x00000000 (0)
                    uuid                     :
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
            result                   : NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

The test is more or less the same as we have for LsarCreateTrustedDomainEx2,
but it fails for LsarCreateTrustedDomainEx3 with NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER.
Another Samba Team member did check the code I wrote and could find anything
wrong.

I've tried to turn on debug logging for the netlogon service on windows, but
it doesn't log anything useful. So I'm not able to figure out what value the
server thinks is invalid.

Could someone of the Dochelp Team help me if I create a Time Trace and figure
out on which input value the server chokes?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

	Andreas Schneider

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D