[cifs-protocol] ADUC issues with KB2992611 [REG:115012312316449]

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 1 20:30:04 MST 2015

I've got another issue allegedly related to KB2992611.  In this case,
Active Directory Users and computers, used as a client to Samba AD,
fails to add computer objects until our BackupKey ServerWrap
implementation patches are applied.

The client suggests that removing
KB2992611
KB3000850
is enough to fix it, after a reboot.  As before, I instead did my
testing between the Windows 8.1 image issued Dec 2014 and an unpatched
image, being the two that I set up for the other issue.

I've uploaded these traces to the same workspace being used for
[REG:115012312316449] as this is quite clearly just another view on the
same issue, and perhaps it gives a easier or otherwise helpful view of
the issue.

Thanks!