[cifs-protocol] [REG:111091961780016] - About stage_header data

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Sep 27 22:15:14 MDT 2011

Hello Obaid,

> Hi Matthieu:
> Can you please elaborate more on the following question?
> "Can you tell me what is the use of the command's flag for the upstream partner (the receiver of the file)."
>
> The flags for CHANGE_ORDER_COMMAND are documented in section 2.2.3.2. Can you please be more specific?
My question is this status information just informative, or should the
upstream partner do some checks on it, and what about for the downstream
partner.

The fact it's stated that the downstream partner MUST set a particular
value seems to indicate that checks are made on this attribute.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team