[cifs-protocol] SMB_COM_NT_TRANSACT response with SetupCount != 0

Tue May 17 05:14:58 MDT 2011

Hi, Dochelp!

When querying previous version from Windows 2008 we have
encountered a broken display when run against Samba (see
snapproblem.jpg). This does not happen when run against
another Windows 2008 box. The only significant difference we
discovered is that Windows 2008 as a VSS server does fill
the

    UCHAR  SetupCount;
    USHORT Setup[SetupCount];

field as listed in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee442112%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

with something that looks like a copy of the data we've sent
it in the request according to

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc246313%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

just offset by 2 bytes.

Please explain where it is documented that Windows 2008
responds with Setup filled with something, we could not find
it in the docs,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff470025%28v=PROT.13%29.aspx

does not list anything.

In the attached trace (win2008snap.cap), please see frames
285 and in particular 286 as reference.

Thanks,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9