[cifs-protocol] Structure of prefixMap over LDAP

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 10 17:39:20 MST 2009

MS-ADA3 2.115 describes the prefixmap:

  Attribute prefixMap
  The prefixMap attribute is for internal use only.

However, it is exposed over LDAP, and I don't see a description of it's
format in MS-ADTS.  With ldp I see only: 'binary blob'.  With ldbsearch,
I see:

bin/ldbsearch -H ldap://win2k3-2.ad.naomi.abartlet.net -s base -b
CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=naomi,DC=abartlet,DC=net
-Uadministrator prefixMap

# record 1
dn: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=naomi,DC=abartlet,DC=net
prefixMap::
BwAAAFkAAADUEQcAKoZIikEBBcsTCAAqhkiB/xcBBbZuCAAqhkiBzBEBBVBvCAAqhk
 iCugUBBesFCAAqhkiB8xcBBZQGBwAqhkiJHQEFzwYHACqGSNMFAQU=

(and our --show-binary option does not know how to parse this).

It was in the past assumed that this attribute was not available over
LDAP, but as it is, could you please describe the format?

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.