[cifs-protocol] How to determine if an account should use AES?

Sebastian Canevari Sebastian.Canevari at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 19 10:41:57 MDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

The msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes attribute is populated at object creation time by the subjects that support the property. It is also updated whenever there's a change on the object's configuration that require an update of the property. Meaning that when a subject changes the type of encryption it supports, it modifies this attribute to reflect the change.

With regards of the NETLOGON_DOMAIN_INFO, I'll check with Obaid to see if I can be of any help.

Please let me know if this answer fully addresses your question.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian

Sebastian Canevari
Senior Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849
e-mail: sebastc at microsoft.com