[cifs-protocol] RE: 600169 - RE: DCE/RPC PFC_SUPPORT_HEADER_SIGN not optional

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 3 22:55:25 GMT 2008

Stefan,

The traces you sent seems to show a correct security context negotiation but something is failing when we go to use that context which is why we see RPC_NT_SEC_PKG_ERROR.  I would like to start with getting some more detailed error info from the windows machine by doing the following:

Enabling Extended Error Information.  You can do this by following the steps in this msdn article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa373803(VS.85).aspx  and taking a network capture again.  This is going to add some additional information in the response that will lead us to a more precise error message.  If you can send me that trace with the associated keytab file, I can get further into what the problem is.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted