[cifs-protocol] RE: Specific sockaddr layout in MS-ADTS 7.3.1.7

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 22 21:24:31 GMT 2008

Andrew,

> Did you find out if they used the address?

  I confirmed that the IP address returned from servers is used by Windows clients.

>  So, I think we just need this written into the docs, and the IPv6-only server behavior (was it 127.0.0.1 that gets written in there?) documented.

  I just filed a formal request to add the information to the document.  The IPv6-only behavior has been updated in 7.3.1.7 [MS-ADTS] as follows

  sin_addr (4 bytes): The socket address, represented in big-endian byte order. The value is an IPv4 address. If the domain controller does not have an IPv4 address, this value SHOULD be 127.0.0.1.

Thanks

Hongwei  Sun - Support Escalation Engineer

DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft

hongweis at microsoft.com

Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027