[cifs-protocol] NTLMSSP Flags field have a reserved bit that is set by XP

George Colley gcolley at apple.com
Mon Jul 7 16:30:49 GMT 2008

Trying again seem to be having problems getting this on the list sorry
for the delay :

The Question:

In the [MS-NLMP].pdf Section 2.2.2.5 states that 0x800 "r7:  This bit
is unused and MUST be zero.". I have notice that XP sets this bit when
sending an anonymous authentication. Can we have this bit clarified?

The Answer:
Good morning! We will be documenting the 0x800 bit; I am currently
waiting for the change text for the document, and will forward that to
you as soon as it is available. This may take a few more working days.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Bill Wesse
Escalation Engineer