[cifs-protocol] RE: trustAuthIncoming format

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Aug 9 00:53:06 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 14:28 -0700, Richard Guthrie wrote:
> I will be working with your issue.  I need to review some material so that I understand your request.  I will get back to you shortly with an update/questions.

Per our phone call, I asked if there were other calls that would provide
the same secret.  I would still be very interested in this (as it would
relate to the LSA -> basking store question, as the 'secrets' interface
there should be one of them).

However, I verified the password must be decoded correctly by comparing
the unicodePwd on the cn=users object with the MD4(password) from the
trustAuthIncoming, and the values do match.