Help with Cisco Aironet 350 series

Anand S. Katti askatti at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Thu Feb 17 16:00:27 GMT 2005

Dear Friend,

As far as I know, MASTER mode is available only for PRISM chipset based
cards, and some ATMEL chipset based cards.
Cisco cards cannot be used in master mode.
I guess you better take a look at http://hostap.epitest.fi

To bring up your laptop into Access Point you need PRism2,2.5,or 3.0
chipest based cards. Just google around you will get hundreds of cards
with that chipset.

Then downlaod hostap drives and install them. if your kernel version is
less than 2.5.
Then youare up with AP.

Well 2.6 kernel has incorporated hostap modules, that means you need not
look around for hostap drivers :).

Regards,
Anand