Help with Cisco Aironet 350 series

Kanthi C.N kanthi at genie.iitd.ernet.in
Thu Feb 17 13:53:31 GMT 2005

Thanks a lot for the response. I did get around the problem by recompiling
a fresh kernel 2.4.29 with cisco drivers.

Now, I have another problem that I am not able to run the card in "master"
mode .. The moment I configure the card for "master" mode, it exhibits
very unstable behaviour . What I mean is , I configure it to act in master
mode through iwconfig

iwconfig eth1 mode master

The command is accepted without errors. But, once I open the cisco GUI
utility to see the link status , it comes back to "managed" mode !!

Has anybody ever run a Cisco 350 card in "master" mode successfully?

What I basically want to do is to make my linux based PC act as an access
point. Any pointers/suggestions will greatly help.

Thanks and Regards,
Kanthi