[Samba] Failed to store repsFrom - Indexed and full searches both failed!

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:31:34 UTC 2023

Since I put this aws DC in AD, there have been some communication
errors, but for what we need, user login and course creation via AD
groups, I haven't paid much attention to this lack of communication.

Some time ago I even tried to solve it. I talked to an engineer at our
broker
who manages the AWS account about putting the public IP provided in the
instance, but they told me it wouldn't be possible. I ended up letting this
issue sit, but I'll try to talk to them again.

Thanks for your help, Rowland!

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 6:31 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 12:36:10 -0300
> Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rowland,
> >
> > I created a new VM manually with debian 12 and at first, the "Indexed
> > and full searches both failed" error no longer occurred.
> >
> > Now I get the error "UpdateRefs failed with NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT".
> >
> > We have an AWS instance with a dc1aws ad (used to login to our moodle
> > instance
> > on aws) that I joined a long time ago. I see some errors in dc1 and
> > dc3 (prior to dc2
> > and also dc1aws) that seem to me to be a failure in communication with
> > dc1aws.
> >
> > This new dc2 error seems to me to be related to this. What do you
> > think?
>
> I have never used AWS, but if two of your DCs are failing to
> communicate with a third DC, then this is obviously something you need
> to look at.
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Elias Pereira