[Samba] Trust relationship between workstation and domain failed

Anantha Raghava H A raghav at exzatech.net
Mon Aug 14 02:22:10 UTC 2023

Hello..

We have samba-ad version 4.18.1 running in our environment. We use
static IP in our environment for all workstations and serves. Samba is
installed on RHEL 8.

Off late, we have been observing that, when we try to access any network
shared resource using their IP address, we get the error "\\x.x.x.x is
not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource.
Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access
permissions. The trust relationship between this workstation and the
primary domain failed."

However if we access the same resource using their hostname, everything
works. No errors.

We also observed that DNS is getting updated properly and even the
reverse queries with IP is returning the hostname properly confirming
that the pointer records in DNS are proper. But when we try to access
the network resource using IP address, we get above error.

Any pointers to identify the issue?

Note that PowerShell is blocked in our environment.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava H A

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and
confidential to Exzatech Consulting And Services Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore,
and are intended only for the use of the recipients named above If you
are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any
part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it
and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be
timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions.