[Samba] extremely low performance on Samba 4.2.14-Debian

Emmanuel Florac eflorac at intellique.com
Thu Aug 17 13:21:52 UTC 2017

Le Thu, 17 Aug 2017 14:37:58 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> écrivait:

> If you have 3 (exact) the same machines, and all are same hardware.
> Then or one has failing hardware, or something got corrupted.
>
> So any info can help more.

These are 3 systems installed at 3 different locations in different,
but built from the same parts and running the same Debian OS (8.x).
Each one is on a different network, etc. But similar machines have
similar performance, up to this time :/

However I've installed several hundred storage servers and that's the
first time I've seen this. I've never ever had this problem of low
performance on 10GigE, and even less of this low performance in CIFS
only, whatever is the samba version. Even back in 3.x days.